Pages

Monday, August 22, 2011

Open days and long socks

This past weekend was spent tagging along with my brother to the university open days in our city.

Yesterday we went to Flinders University. To me it is a very American college type campus, at least aesthetically.
The career my bro wants to pursue (high school PE teacher) is offered here in the best format.

Today we went to UniSA.
As a UniSA student myself (soon to be graduate, thank you) I am biased.
However this uni does not offer the programme that best suits my brother.

So it looks like he will be a Flinders kid. Traitor. Just kidding. Kind of.

Some of today's talks mention work placements and work experience.
I have none of either.
Which could be a major problem when looking for employment in four months time.

Someone need to pull their socks up then.
Well, I would if I owned anything other than anklet socks. Seriously, anything longer irritates me.

Ignoring my sock situation and back to the proverbial.
Work experience is something that I've always meant to get around to, but another assignment crept up on me and then another. And here we are. With no work experience or long socks.

This week I will start attacking, I mean contacting various organisations about work experience.
Hopefully I can con someone into having me.


No comments:

Post a Comment