Pages

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Desert for dinner

Last night was dinner and a movie with friends.

It was just two of us for dinner, and wanting to try somewhere new we headed to a small cafe. The owner, we discovered, supplied one of our city's best chocolate cafes with the most amazing waffles. So deciding to get the waffles straight from the source we visited the Waffle King.
Oh my goodness. I have never tasted a better waffle in my life. It was absolutely amazing. The dish we both chose was a cinnamon waffle drizzled with Belgium syrup, topped with ice-cream and finished with fresh strawberries on the side. To accompany this we had a Hot Chocolate made with melted Belgium chocolate straight from the fondue.
How I wish we had taken photos. The dish looked almost as amazing as it tasted.
When it's made this brilliantly, I think it's fully acceptable to have desert for dinner. Besides, isn't that one of the perks of being an adult?

Following dinner (Or desert.Whatever.), we headed to the cinemas to catch Bad Teacher. Overall, I enjoyed the movie, however I had expected much more from it. I was especially disappointed with Justin Timberlake's performance. At times his character seemed almost pointless. I would have liked to see more interaction between Cameron Diaz and Jason Segel's characters, especially as it is clear from the get-go that this pairing was the endgame. Ultimately a fun movie, but in comparison to other comedies doing the rounds at the moment it was left lacking.
One definite highlight of the film? Cameron's shoe collection. I would kill for those shoes. I mean check out the shoes in the movie poster...

1 comment: