So without further ado, my grateful list 07.11.11
- This amazing weather. Today was 32 degrees Celsius, and I wore a dress!
- The lovely and extremely patient assistant at OPSM who help Mum & I pick out our new glasses and prescription sunglasses respectively. Also the 30% off we received. Thanks Julie!
- Mum & Dad offering to purchase said prescription sunglasses for me as my birthday gift. At first I was apprehensive - the frames alone were over $400. However with health cover and the discount thanks to Julie, they came down to just over $150. Still pricey, I know, but thanks Mum & Dad x
- My hair is growing! This is so exciting for me, you have no idea. From being cut in a short pixie/boy style, it is now a mid-length bob and just that little bit closer to finally skimming my shoulders. Right now it is pulled back into what I would call a pseudo ballerina bun.
- Working for my parents. This means every Monday and Tuesday I am in the office with Mum. I'll be honest, the prospect of working with Mum in such confined quarters did not appeal to me initially, but thanks to being extremely cash strapped I accepted their job offer. Boy, am I glad I did. Spending so much time with Mum has really brought us closer. I would like to think Mum & I got along well enough before, but we were not quite as close as the stereotypical mother & daughter relationship. However our relationship has certainly been strengthened these past 5 or so months. Sure there is definitely the occasional moment when she tests my patience, but I can now honestly say that my Mum is my best friend. And for that I am extremely grateful.